Air Fryer Garlic Butter Steak Bites and Potatoes
Prepare a mouthwatering steak and potato dinner using just your air fryer! This easy and delicious recipe is perfect for those busy weeknights when you need a quick and satisfying meal.
While ribeye is my preferred choice of steak, you can also use more affordable cuts like sirloin or strip steak for this recipe. Pairing it with air-fried potatoes makes the meal more budget-friendly and filling.
For my family of four, two 8-10 ounce steaks are usually enough. I have a habit of hunting for reduced steaks in the meat section and stocking them in the freezer for meals like this.
In my area, I’ve found that Monday mornings are the best time to find good deals on reduced meat. Whenever I have a Monday off, I make sure to visit our local Sam’s Club in search of those elusive orange stickers!
When cooking the steak bites in the air fryer, keep in mind that each air fryer may cook a little differently. In my case, cooking the medium steak bites takes around 6-7 minutes at 400 degrees. To ensure your steak reaches your desired doneness, use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature around the five-minute mark. I prefer mine at 145 degrees, but adjust according to your preference.
If your air fryer has a preheat feature, I highly recommend using it to give the steak bites an extra sear. My air fryer has this feature, and I always take advantage of it when making this recipe!
While nothing beats a steak grilled over flames, this weekday steak and potato meal comes pretty close. It features crispy potatoes and juicy steak bites coated in a creamy garlic butter layer, all made effortlessly in the air fryer!
- 3 large potatoes
- Olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and dried parsley (for potatoes)
- 2 steaks (10 ounces each) – strip steaks are great
- Olive oil
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- Steak seasoning (I recommend Kinder’s Prime Steak Seasoning)
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of dried parsley
- Wash the potatoes and cut them into small cubes.
- Toss the potato cubes in olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and dried parsley (adjust seasonings to taste).
- Cook the potatoes in the air fryer at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 20 minutes, shaking them a couple of times during cooking.
- While the potatoes cook, cut the steak into 1-inch cubes.
- Coat the steak bites in olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and steak seasoning.
- Once the potatoes are done, set them aside.
- Cook the steak bites in the air fryer at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 7 minutes (adjust time for desired doneness).
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and stir in minced garlic and dried parsley.
- Pour the garlic butter over the steak bites and serve them over the crispy potatoes.
- Enjoy this flavorful and easy air fryer meal!