– 2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
– ⅔ cup white sugar
– 1 ½ tablespoons active dry yeast
– 1 ½ teaspoons salt
– ¼ cup vegetable oil
– 6 cups bread flour
– In a large bowl, dissolve the sugar in warm water, and then stir in yeast. Allow to proof until yeast resembles a creamy foam.
– Mix salt and oil into the yeast. Mix in flour one cup at a time. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Place in a well oiled bowl, and turn dough to coat. Cover with a damp cloth. Allow to rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
– Punch dough down. Knead for a few minutes, and divide in half. Shape into loaves, and place into two well oiled 9×5 inch loaf pans. Allow to rise for 30 minutes, or until dough has risen 1 inch above pans.
– Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes.