Buffalo chicken poppers are a delicious and easy-to-make appetizer that has become a staple of game day and party menus. These bite-sized snacks are packed with flavor and are sure to please even the pickiest eaters. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at what makes buffalo chicken poppers so popular and how you can use them to add some variety to your next gathering.
Origins of Buffalo Chicken Poppers
Buffalo chicken poppers are a variation of the classic buffalo chicken wings, which were first introduced in Buffalo, New York in the 1960s. The combination of hot sauce and butter that makes up the traditional buffalo sauce has become a popular flavor for chicken wings and has since been used in a variety of other recipes, including buffalo chicken poppers.
Benefits of Buffalo Chicken Poppers
In addition to being delicious, buffalo chicken poppers are also a great source of protein. Chicken is a lean meat that is rich in essential nutrients such as protein, vitamins, and minerals. By combining chicken with the spicy, tangy flavors of buffalo sauce, you get a tasty and nutritious appetizer that is perfect for sharing with friends and family.
Buffalo chicken poppers are also a great option for people who are following a low-carb or keto diet. The recipe is naturally low in carbs and high in healthy fats, making it a great option for those who want to reduce their carb intake.
Preparing and Serving Buffalo Chicken Poppers
When preparing buffalo chicken poppers, it’s important to remember that presentation is key. These bite-sized snacks are meant to be shared, so it’s important to create a visually appealing platter that will entice your guests. You can do this by arranging the poppers in a circular pattern, alternating colors and textures to create a visually appealing display.
When serving buffalo chicken poppers, it’s important to provide your guests with a variety of dipping sauces to choose from. Ranch, blue cheese, and honey mustard are all popular options that pair well with the spicy flavors of the poppers.
In addition to being a great appetizer, buffalo chicken poppers can also be served as a main course. You can serve them with a side of fries or a salad to create a complete meal that is sure to please everyone at the table.
Buffalo chicken poppers are a delicious and versatile appetizer that is perfect for game day, parties, or any occasion that calls for finger foods. By combining the spicy, tangy flavors of buffalo sauce with the lean protein of chicken, you get a delicious and nutritious snack that is sure to please everyone’s taste buds. Whether you’re a seasoned cook or a beginner, buffalo chicken poppers are an easy-to-make recipe that is sure to become a favorite in your household.
If you like this buffalo chicken poppers, you may also like:
To make buffalo chicken poppers
Buffalo chicken poppers are a delicious and easy-to-make appetizer that is perfect for game day, parties, or any occasion that calls for finger foods. This recipe is a great way to enjoy the classic flavor of buffalo chicken in a bite-sized form. In this article, we will take a closer look at the ingredients, preparation process, and some interesting facts about buffalo chicken poppers.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 24 poppers
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 24 jalapeno peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- To make the buffalo chicken poppers, follow these steps:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken pieces, cream cheese, hot sauce, blue cheese, celery, green onions, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well until the chicken is well coated with the mixture.
- Stuff each jalapeno half with the chicken mixture.
- In a shallow dish, mix the bread crumbs and melted butter.
- Roll each stuffed jalapeno half in the bread crumb mixture until fully coated.
- Place the coated jalapeno halves on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the poppers in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Nutrition (per serving of 2 poppers):
- Calories: 140
- Total Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- Sodium: 420mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 2g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Total Sugars: 0g
- Protein: 13g
- You can use either boneless, skinless chicken breasts or chicken tenders for this recipe.
- To make this recipe even easier, you can use pre-cooked chicken strips and just toss them in the buffalo sauce.
- You can adjust the spiciness of the poppers by adding more or less hot sauce to the recipe.
- These poppers can be reheated in the oven or microwave.