* 8 medium russet potatoes
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1 medium onion finely diced
* 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
* 1 lb chicken breasts cut into 1/2-in cubes
* 4 cloves garlic minced
* 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
* 1 cup milk
* 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
* 1/2 cup frozen peas thawed
* Salt and pepper to taste
* 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
* 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Prick potatoes several times with a fork. Bake potatoes at 400F 45-60 minutes or until very tender.
Remove from oven and cool slightly. Once cool enough to handle, thinly slice the top off and scoop out potato, being careful not to break the bottom skin. Discard potato or save for another use. Place potato skins in a baking dish and set aside.
In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, heat oil until shimmery. Add onion, carrots, chicken, and garlic to pan and saute several minutes until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Reduce heat to medium and stir in flour. Slowly add milk and cream, stirring until smooth. Bring sauce to a boil, stirring occasionally until bubbly and thickened.
Remove sauce from heat and stir in peas, salt and pepper to taste, and parsley. Fill potato skins with chicken pot pie filling. Top each potato with shredded cheese.
Bake potatoes at 400F 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned and cheese is melted. Serve immediately while hot.