Creamed Chipped Beef is the ultimate comfort meal. I remember my mother making this for me when I was a child. Such fond memories of beef in a lightly seasoned smooth cream sauce served over toasted sourdough or European whole grain.
– 8 ounces Buddig original beef
– 1/4 cup butter
– 1/4 cup all purpose flour
– 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
– 2 pinches ground cayenne pepper
– 2 cups milk
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Slice the beef in bite size pieces.
– Melt butter in a skillet over medium low heat. Whisk in the flour. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes; whisking constantly. Sprinkle in black pepper and cayenne pepper. Slowly whisk in the milk until smooth and creamy.
– Add the chopped beef and simmer for 3 – 5 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve over toasted bread, eggs, hash browns, or biscuits.