* 4 large granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
* 1/2 cup (1 stick) real butter
* Juice of 1 lemon
* 1/4 cup white sugar
* 1/4 cup brown sugar
* 1 tsp. cinnamon (or more to taste)
* 1 tsp. cornstarch
* 1 tbsp. water
1. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add apples and lemon juice; cook for 2-3 minutes.
2. Stir in both sugars. Continue to cook an additional 5 to 8 minutes or until apples are soft, but not mushy. Stir in the cinnamon.
3. In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and water; immediately pour the cornstarch mixture into the apple mixture and stir. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly. Serve warm.