* 1-1/2 pounds of ground beef
* 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
* 3 teaspoons olive oil
* 2 cups of green or red pepper, OR 1 cup of each, roughly chopped
* 1 small can of mild OR hot RoTel diced tomatoes with chopped peppers, drained
* 1 cup of roughly chopped onion
* 4 whole pita breads, warmed and softened in the microwave
* 1/2 cup of sour cream mixed with 1/4 cup of blue cheese crumbles, optional
* 4 12×12 in sheets of aluminium foil
Cook the ground beef until there is no more pink. Add the olive oil, peppers and onions to the ground beef, and saute until the onions become translucent and the peppers are softeed.
Add the RoTel tomatoes and peppers and combine and heat through. Check for salt and pepper and adjust to suit you.
Dampen a few paper towels with water and wrap the pita bread in them. Put them in the microwave, and warm them up till they become easily pliable.
Put one pita bread on a sheet of aluminum foil and add a generous portion, about 1/4 of the ground beef, onions, peppers and tomatoes mixture to the warmed pita bread.
Roll the aluminum foil and pita bread up gyro style and add the sour cream and blue cheese as a garnish if desired.
Repeat this with the remaining 3 pita breads.