– When we’re ordering Chinese food, Mongolian Beef is always on our list. You just can’t beat the flavor of that sweet and savory sauce! But good news – you don’t need to order takeout to get it.
– These Mongolian Ground Beef Noodles take just fifteen minutes to throw together (which is far quicker than any takeout) and you get that same delicious flavor but in the form of a comforting noodle dish. That’s like a triple win!
– 1 lb ground beef
– 5 cloves garlic, minced
– 1/3 cup brown sugar
– 1/4 cup beef broth
– 1/3 cup soy sauce
– 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
– 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
– 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
– Pinch red pepper flake, optional
– 10 oz linguine
– 1 tablespoon cornstarch
– 2 tablespoons water
– 4 green onions, sliced
– In a large pot of boiling water, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
– In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef until no longer pink.
– Drain fat as needed, then add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
– Add soy sauce, beef broth, brown sugar, hoisin sauce, ginger, red pepper flake, and black pepper. Stir to combine.
– Dissolve cornstarch in 2 tablespoons cold water and add to ground beef. Stir and bring to a gentle boil. Once sauce has thickened, add noodles and stir to combine.
– Let noodles sit in sauce 2 – 3 minutes to absorb some flavor. Top with green onions and serve. Enjoy!