Absolutely a hit !! This New York Cheesecake Cookies was sooooo delicious and did not last long at all….definitely a keeper.
YOU’LL NEED FOR New York Cheesecake Cookies:
– 1 1⁄4 cup graham crackers, finely crushed (1 sleeve)
– 1 cup flour
– 1 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
– 1 stick of unsalted butter, softened (8 tablespoons)
– 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
– 1 egg, separated
– 3 oz of cream cheese, softened
– 1⁄4 cup of granulated sugar
– 2 tsp of lemon zest
– 1⁄2 tsp of vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, firstly.
2. Stir together the graham cracker crumbs, flour and baking powder in a large bowl then in a medium bowl, beat together the butter with the brown sugar with an electric hand mixer. Next, add the egg white and beat until well combined then add to the graham cracker crumbs and blend until just combined.
3. Pick another medium bowl and beat in the softened cream cheese with the granulated sugar, egg yolk, lemon zest and vanilla until well combined. Set aside.
4. Scoop out the cookie dough with a small ice cream scoop and place on a nonstick or parchment lined baking sheet. ( You can measure out the dough into scoops of about 2 tablespoons if you do not have an ice scoop.) Then make sure to flatten slightly, pressing your thumb in the center of the ball to create a small bowl shape. Repeat with the remaining dough. Once done, spoon the cream cheese into the indents in the cookies.
5. Bake for 12 minutes, or until the filling is barely set and the cookies are lightly golden, then let cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets before removing them and cooling completely on a wire rack.
Adapted from ezoshop.best