I made two batches of this recipe with my Dutch oven and wisk to stir. The 1st batch I made as is written. It turned out smooth rich tasting fudge. The 2nd batch I made as is written but adding 2 tablespoons brown sugar along with the white,1/4 cup creamy peanut butter,1/2 chopped walnuts and added a few extra marshmallows and whipped it with my wisk till it was smooth and creamy. Maybe took a full minute to mix after the cooking milk,sugar,butter part.
This made some of the BEST peanut butter chocolate frosting for my cake.
I loved this recipe. I did not tweak it. I left it as is. And I took some to my sister and her maintenance man LOVED it. I said okay, I’ll make you some. HE loved it. I will be using this as my go to fudge.
It took me about 7 or 8 minutes to stir everything…..from the sugar mixture until the end when I dumped in the nuts. Then I poured it into an 8×8 glass dish, put in the fridge and that was it. Absolute total time, from start to finish…maybe 10 or 12 minutes. And the end result was fantastic. This one’s a keeper!
- 1 2/3 cups white sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) packages milk chocolate chips
- 16 large marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts
How to make it:
- Combine sugar, milk, butter and salt in a medium sized saucepan. Bring to a boil, cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add in chocolate chips; cook until melted.
- Remove from heat; stir in marshmallows, vanilla and nuts. Mix well.
- Pour into a 8-inch pan.
- Cool cut into squares.
Source : allrecipes.Com