- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a 9-inch x 13-inch pan with foil and spray the foil.
- Make sure to leave an overhang of foil on either side of the pan.
- In a medium-size bowl, mix together the flour, cinnamon, pie spice, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Beat the butter and the sugar with an electric mixer until smooth, Beat in the vanilla and egg until combined.
- Beat in the pumpkin. Mix in the dry ingredients until just combined – do not over mix. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick comes out with just a few crumbs, 35-40 minutes.
- Cool completely and cut into 24 small squares.