The only official before picture I had was what the real estate agent sent us, so this is shortly after we started taking things apart. As you can see, we opened up the wall because we needed to extend the studs (to add shelves above the toilet) and move the outlet a few inches up. The vanity was cheap builder’s grade that was painted (and chipping). That would soon change, but we chose to reuse the sink basin and the toilet, to save money.
Once the wall was repaired, I added faux shiplap by using 1/4″ plywood and attaching it to the wall with a nail gun, liquid nails, and spaced with coins. I also installed white octagonal tile, which was a first time for me, but is totally do-able, especially with a small space!