– Mexican Pizza – a homemade version of the famous Taco Bell Mexican Pizza, only better! Super easy and a fun dinner the whole family will love.
– 1 pound ground beef
– 1 packet taco seasoning
– 3/4 cup water
– 1 can (15 oz) refried beans
– 1 can (10 oz) enchilada sauce
– 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
– 1 1/2 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
– 8 flour tortillas, taco size
– 1 Tbls vegetable oil
– Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
– In a large skillet brown ground beef, breaking up into small pieces. Once cooked, add taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until most of the liquid is absorbed.
In a large skillet or griddle pour half of the oil into the pan. Heat over medium high heat. Add tortillas and cook for 4-5 minutes, flipping frequently, until crisp. Repeat with remaining tortillas and oil.
– Spread about 1/4 cup of beans evenly over the bottom of each tortilla. Top with taco meat.
– Place another tortilla over the top of the meat. Spread about 2 Tbls of enchilada sauce evenly over the tortilla. Divide tomatoes evenly over the top of the tortillas.
– Sprinkle the cheese in an even layer over the top.
– Place each pizza on a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and everything is hot.
– Slice and serve.