Homemade pizza crust! What a treat for my husband and me. I’ve never made dough from scratch before and this couldn’t be easier.
I found this recipe over the weekend and have already made it twice. To make it even easier, I cut out the step where I beat the ingredients together.
I just use my hands. So easy and good! Both times I’ve used this dough recipe with the Classic Margherita Pizza recipe on this website. What a great combination!
Try to get a pizza stone if you don’t have one because it bakes perfectly. Both times my husband keeps on forgetting I made it from scratch and didn’t pick it up at a gourmet restaurant. Bravo!
Yield: approx. 1 pound
- 2 1/2-3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup warm water or milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl or glass, combine 1/2 cup warm water with yeast and sugar. Stir together and let rest 5-10 minutes, or until frothy.
- Note: if mixture is not bubbly, discard and start again.
- Combine 2 cups flour with yeast mixture, remaining water, olive oil and salt, and mix together until a shaggy dough forms.
- Gradually continue adding flour until dough is smooth, then let rest 10 minutes.
- Use dough immediately, store in refrigerator for up to 3 days, or freeze for later use.