Introducing our Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry: an effortless, one-pan, 30-minute meal that boasts the goodness of fresh broccoli, tender and nutritious beef, all complemented by an irresistible stir fry sauce. We extend our heartfelt gratitude to Beef. It’s What’s for Dinner. and the Beef Checkoff for their sponsorship of this recipe, perfectly suited for the bustling back-to-school season.
Our Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry and Fried Rice recipes have gained immense popularity among our readers due to their quick preparation time and healthier qualities compared to dining out. This Beef and Broccoli Recipe is no exception, satisfying the yearning for takeout flavors in the comfort of your own kitchen. Be sure to watch the video recipe below to witness just how effortless it truly is!
Beef not only offers deliciousness but also provides a protein-packed foundation that sustains your strength throughout the back-to-school season. To ensure a well-rounded meal, we’ve included an ample amount of broccoli. Stir fry recipes thrive on beef’s versatility, allowing you to incorporate your favorite vegetables such as snap peas, bell peppers, carrots, or even mushrooms into this delightful dish.
Now, let’s talk about the star of the show: The Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry Sauce. Countless stir fry recipes have suffered due to lackluster sauces, but fear not! We meticulously tested and refined this recipe to achieve the perfect balance of sweet and savory. Follow these tips for the ultimate stir fry sauce:
- Opt for low sodium soy sauce (or Gluten-Free Tamari) for a healthier choice.
- Exercise caution with the fresh ginger, as its bold flavor can overpower the dish if used excessively.
- Embrace the authentic taste of sesame oil—its inclusion adds an exquisite dimension to the sauce.
- Allow the sauce to simmer for at least 3 minutes, allowing the flavors of garlic and ginger to meld harmoniously.
- For a lighter consistency, add 2 tablespoons of water towards the end of the cooking process.
To ensure tender beef that melts in your mouth, pay attention to the following tips:
- Ease the slicing process by freezing the steak for 30 minutes.
- Utilize a sharp knife to cut super thin slices against the grain, resulting in enhanced tenderness.
- Sear the steak in a sizzling hot skillet to seal in its natural juices.
- Avoid overcrowding the pan as it cools down quickly, leading to steaming rather than searing.
But wait, there’s more! Can you make Beef and Broccoli ahead of time? Absolutely! This saucy and flavorsome dish reheats splendidly, making it an excellent choice for weekly meal prep or on-the-go lunches for school or work. The protein and nutrients found in beef provide the essential strength and energy required to conquer the bustling school season.
For optimal meal prep, add cooled rice to a heat-safe container, top it with the Beef Broccoli Stir Fry, cover, and refrigerate until ready to reheat and savor (Beef and Broccoli can be refrigerated for up to 4 days).
Embrace the ease and deliciousness of our Beef and Broccoli recipe, and fuel yourself and your loved ones with the fortitude necessary to thrive during the busy school season.
Beef and Broccoli Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb (450g) flank steak, sliced into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce (or Gluten Free Tamari)
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Cooked rice, for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together low sodium soy sauce, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, cornstarch, and beef broth until well combined. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat.
- Add the sliced flank steak to the skillet and stir-fry for about 2-3 minutes until browned. Remove the beef from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Add minced garlic and grated ginger to the skillet and stir-fry for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add broccoli florets to the skillet and stir-fry for about 3-4 minutes until they turn bright green and become slightly tender.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the broccoli and stir well to coat the florets.
- Return the cooked beef to the skillet and stir-fry for an additional 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens and coats the beef and broccoli evenly.
- If desired, sprinkle red pepper flakes over the dish and stir to incorporate.
- Remove from heat and serve the beef and broccoli over cooked rice.
- Enjoy your homemade beef and broccoli!
- Feel free to adjust the amount of sauce and spices according to your taste preferences.
- You can add your favorite vegetables to this recipe like snap peas, bell peppers, carrots, and even mushrooms.
- For a thinner sauce, add 2 tablespoons of water at the end.
- This saucy beef and broccoli recipe reheats well, making it perfect for weekly meal prep and to-go lunches for school and work.
- For meal prep, add cooled rice to a heat-safe container and top with the Beef Broccoli Stir Fry, then cover and refrigerate until ready to heat and serve (Beef and Broccoli can be refrigerated up to 4 days).
More recipes: blog.recipepastry.com