Beef and Cheese Chimichanga… The family requests this all the time. It is easy for my husband to make when I have to work late. Top with shredded cheese, lettuce, tomato, salsa, and sour cream.
Beef Chimichangas loaded with a savory ground beef filling and topped with a quick and easy stovetop queso! Plus, tips for frying to perfection and more.
These beef chimichangas take just minutes to throw together and come out of the oven perfectly crisp on the outside and ooey gooey cheesy on the inside!
You don’t need a messy vat of hot frying oil to make amazing shredded beef chimichangas.
Beef and Cheese Chimichanga Ingredients
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 12 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed.
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies.
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped jalapeno peppers.
- Oil for deep-fat frying.
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, onion, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, chili powder, garlic and cumin.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of beef mixture off-center on each tortilla. Fold edge nearest filling up and over to cover. Fold in both sides and roll up. Fasten with toothpicks. In a large saucepan, combine the chilies, peppers and remaining tomato sauce; heat through.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry the chimichangas for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with sauce.
From: All recipes