Helpful Reviews From Allrecipes.com
This was good, but I made the following modifications:
- (1) I halved the streusel topping (and there was still some left over),
- (2) I used 3/4 cup milk because I thought the batter looked too dry – depends on how you like your coffee cake I suppose,
- (3) I used 1 1/2 cups blueberries and folded them into the batter before spreading into baking dish,
- (4) I spread half the batter in the dish and then sprinkled some streusel topping in the middle, then put the remaining batter on top and covered in streusel,
- (5) I used a 9×13 glass baking dish, baked it at 325 for about 25 mins (until golden brown)
I was comparing blueberry cake recipes and noticed that this recipe is exactly the same as a blueberry muffin recipe I received in a baking class I took at a culinary school.
There were only 2 differences. One, this recipe is half the recipe we made. The second is that all the ingredients were cut in half except the flour. The class recipe called for 3 cups of flour.
Here it calls for 2 cups instead of 1 1/2 cups. That is probably the reason people are saying it’s dry–too much flour.
I followed others’ suggestions and used 3/4 c. buttermilk instead of 1/2 c. milk and increased the blueberries to 1 1/2 cups. I also sprinkled some of the streusel over the blueberry layer and made it in a springform pan.
It was delicious! I took it to a garden club event. Everyone gave it rave reviews, and a customer offered to buy half of it from me.
- 2 c. flour
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. milk…
To Find Out All The Yummy Ingredients And The Step By Step Directions To Follow for this Delicious recipes,Go to the next page.