“Indulge in the holiday spirit with our delectable morning breakfast casserole, a perfect blend of festive flavors. This comforting breakfast bake is designed to delight, ensuring your guests savor every bite. Elevate your festive gatherings with this scrumptious and easy-to-make holiday breakfast casserole recipe.”
Embark on a culinary journey into the heart of the festive season with this delectably scrumptious morning breakfast bake. Overflowing with an array of holiday-inspired flavors, this comforting casserole promises to be the star of your breakfast table, effortlessly winning over both family and guests alike.
- Bread Choice: Opt for hearty artisan bread or brioche to enhance the texture of the casserole.
- Preparation Ahead: Prepare the casserole the night before, allowing the flavors to meld overnight for an even richer taste.
- Fruit Infusion: Consider adding a layer of seasonal fruits, such as sliced apples or cranberries, for a burst of freshness.
- Nutty Crunch: Sprinkle chopped nuts like pecans or almonds for an additional layer of texture and flavor.
- Sweet Drizzle: Finish off with a drizzle of maple syrup or honey for an indulgent touch.
- Refrigeration: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Freezing: For longer storage, freeze individual portions wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and foil. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
- Reheating: Gently reheat in the oven or toaster oven to revive the crispiness of the edges.
- Creative Remix: Transform leftovers into a delightful dessert by warming and serving with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Savory Twist: Experiment with savory elements like crumbled sausage or sautéed vegetables for a savory breakfast alternative.
- Cheese Fusion: Integrate a blend of cheeses, such as sharp cheddar or Gouda, for a more complex flavor profile.
- Spice it Up: Add a pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg to the custard mixture for an extra layer of warmth.
- Holiday Twist: Incorporate seasonal spices like pumpkin pie spice for a festive flair.
Nutrition Facts: (Per Serving – Assumes 8 Servings)
- Calories: Approximately 300
- Protein: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 8g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 200mg
- Sodium: 400mg
Note: Nutrition facts are approximate and can vary based on specific ingredients used and serving sizes.
As you savor each delightful bite of this festive breakfast casserole, you’ll find yourself immersed in the warmth and joy of the holiday season, making it a cherished addition to your festive traditions.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Refrigeration Time: 8 hours
Total Time: 9 hours and 40 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
1 lb of ground beef sausage
1 tsp of mustard powder
½ tsp of kosher salt
4 large eggs, beaten
2 cups of whole milk
6 slices of white bread, toasted and cubed
1 cup of mild Cheddar cheese, shredded
Never miss a recipe from Sweet Pea’s Kitchen!
For instant access to this recipe, provide your email below, and we will deliver it straight to your inbox.
By opting to save this recipe, you consent to receive our weekly recipe newsletter.
For Ingredients And Complete Cooking Instructions Please Head On keep on Reading (>)