* 2 tablespoons butter
* 3 stalks celery chopped
* 3 carrots chopped
* 1 small sweet onion chopped
* 3 cloves garlic minced
* 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
* 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
* 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
* 1 (16 ounce) package frozen or dried gnocchi
* 1 cup half n half
* 6 cups baby spinach
* 2 cups rotisserie chicken cut in small bite size pieces
* salt and pepper to taste
In large stockpot or dutch oven over medium melt butter. Add celery, carrots and onion. Cook until the onion is soft and translucent; about 5 minutes. Add garlic, thyme, oregano, marjoram and nutmeg and cook for 1 minute.
Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer and cook until the carrots and celery are soft; about 15 minutes.
Turn heat up to medium and add gnocchi. Cook until they begin to float; approximately 2-4 minutes.
Turn to simmer and stir in half n half, spinach, and chicken. Cook until the spinach wilts; less than 2 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.