* 2 Tablespoons olive oil
* ½ onion diced
* 1 Tablespoon taco seasoning
* 1 ½ -2 teaspoons cumin
* 28 ounces diced tomatoes 1 can
* 18 ounces mixed beans 1 can, drained and rinsed (or black beans, or your favorite beans)
* 11 ½ ounces corn 1 can
* 2-4 cups chicken broth * as desired
* 1 ½-2 cups diced chicken
* 2 cups spinach optional
* sour cream optional for garnish
* cilantro optional for garnish
* freshly ground black pepper to taste, optional
In a large pot, add olive oil and onion on medium low heat. Cook until onion is partly cooked, about 5 minutes. Add taco seasoning and cumin, and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
Add tomatoes, beans, corn, and broth. Turn heat to medium high. Once it reaches a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add chicken and spinach if using, and cook for additional 5-10 minutes.
If desired, serve with sour cream and cilantro and sprinkle with pepper.