The rich brown gravy this makes is wonderful, with just a slight hint of sweetness. Everyone asks for the recipe, and NO ONE ever guesses the secret ingredient…cola!
- 1 beef roast of choice (use the size roast and the number of vegetables you need to feed your family. I used a 2.5 pound Chuck Roast)
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 1 (12 oz) can Coke
- Red potatoes halved
- Carrots, cut in chunks
How to make it:
- Place beef in the crock pot and top with dry onion soup mix.
- Place vegetables around roast.
- Mix together the cream of mushroom soup and the Coke in a bowl and pour over roast.
- Set crock pot on low, cook for 6-8 hours. The longer you cook, the more tender the meat becomes.