* 3/4 cup butter, divided
* 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 6-ounce jar of maraschino cherries, drained
* 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
* 1 20-ounce can of unsweetened pineapple tidbits or crushed pineapple, undrained
* 1 package yellow cake mix
* Vanilla ice cream, optional
In a microwave, melt 1/2 cup butter. Stir in brown sugar. Spread evenly onto bottom of a greased 5-quart slow cooker.
Sprinkle with cherries and pecans and top with the pineapple.
Sprinkle evenly with the dry cake mix. Melt the remaining butter and drizzle over the top of the cake mix.
Cover and secure lid and cook on high for 2 hours or until fruit mixture is bubbly. To avoid scorching the cake, Carefully lift the slow cooker insert with oven mitts, one-half turn midway through cooking.
Turn off slow cooker and let stand uncovered for 30 minutes before serving. If desired, serve with ice cream.