Yumm, brings back so many great memories !!! This simple ONE HUNDRED YEAR OLD FASHIONED BUTTER CAKE is a keeper !! One I am sure is you will fall in love with this fluffy, moist, easy-to-prepare cake !!
WHAT YOU NEED :
– All-purpose flour: 2 cups (sifted)
– Sugar: 1 to 1/4 cup
– Baking powder: 1 tablespoon
– Salt: 1 teaspoon
– Softened butter: 1/2 cup
– Milk: 1 cup
– Vanilla extract: 1 teaspoon
– Egg: 2 (large)
1. Set the temperature of the oven to 350*F and grease and flour two 8 inch x 2 inch baking pans and set aside.
2. Then sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl.
3. Next, add butter, milk, and vanilla and beat with a hand mixer for about 2 minutes, occasionally scraping down the sides of the bowl.
4. Immediately add eggs and beat for an additional 2 minutes.
5. Once done, please pour batter into prepared pans, dividing equally between the pans. Remember to bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes then remove from oven.
6. At this point, you may cool in the pans for 10 minutes and then turn cakes out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
7. In the end, make sure to frost with your favorite frosting. I recommend you to use chocolate frosting, the one on the back of the Hersey’s cocoa can.
– 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter or margarine
– 2/3 cup of Hershey’s cocoa
– 3 cups of powdered sugar
– 1/3 cup milk (I always add plus few drops to make a nice consistency)
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla
All you need to do is melt butter. Then stir in cocoa. Otherwise, you may want to add powdered sugar and milk and please beat on medium speed to spreading consistency. You can also add more milk, only if needed. Immediately stir in vanilla. This should make about 2 cups frosting.