2 cups flour ( all purpose or cake )
3 Tbsp white sugar
1/2 cup cold grated unsalted butter (113g)
1/2 cup buttermilk
3 Tbsp custard powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/4 tsp salt
*All ingredients should be cold .
1. In a large bowl sift in flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, custard powder, sugar and salt. Whisk well.
2 . Add butter . Rub it in using your finger tips until you get a crumbly mixture.
3. In a small bowl add buttermilk , egg , vanilla. Mix together. Pour this mixture in the flour mixture.
4. Mix just to combine the wet and dry ingredients together. Then transfer the dough to a slightly floured surface.
5. Spread the dough and slightly flatten it using a rolling pin or your palm .
5. Dip your cookie cutter in flour as you cut out each piece. Place on a prepared baking tray.
6. Brush the top with milk or egg wash .
7. Bake in a preheated at 180 Degrees Celsius for 18 minutes or until slightly golden brown on top .
Note : If you are using salted butter, don’t add salt to the recipe.
Recipe Heba Treats