These Shortbread Cookies are deliciously crisp and buttery in a classic way, and are especially wonderful for Christmas and holiday baking! The dough is easy to make using five simple ingredients.
The Best Simple Two Way Shortbread Cookies, these are a delicious easy to make Shortbread Cookie Recipes, a delicious melt in your mouth cookie that you will make year after year. Choose the traditional Shortbread or Brown Sugar Shortbread.
If you are looking for an impressive, yet easy, Christmas Cookie Recipe, look no further than my Holiday Shortbread Recipe.
- 1 (7 ounce) package Finlandia Perfectly Salted Butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons sugar, plus extra for coating
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white, beaten with
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together Finlandia Salted Butter and sugar on medium high until light and fluffy, about three minutes.
- On the lowest speed, stir in flour, and mix just until blended. Remove from mixer, and knead dough into a ball. Chill for one hour.
- Working with half of the dough at a time, roll it to about 1/4-inch thick on a well-floured board. Cut into desired shapes, and re-roll scraps as needed to cut more.
- Place cookies onto the prepared baking sheet, brush with egg wash, and decorate with sugar. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until very lightly golden brown on bottom and cooked through.
- Let cool about two minutes on the pan, then transfer cookies to a rack, sugar side up, to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to one week.