– 1 box Brownie mix , must have instructions for making in 13×9 pan + ingredients listed on the package
PECAN PIE FILLING:
– 1 cup Sugar
– 1 1/2 cups Light Corn syrup
– 4 Eggs
– 1/4 cup Unsalted butter
– 1 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
– 2 cups Pecans, roughly chopped
– Preheat oven according to brownie package instructions.
– Whisk together the sugar, corn syrup, eggs, butter, and vanilla in a small saucepan. Place on the stove top over medium high heat and begin to cook, stirring continuously.
– Mix brownies according to package instructions.
– Pour brownie batter into a greased 13×9 inch pan and place in oven to bake for 20 minutes.
– As the brownies bake the filling in the saucepan should have thicken enough to coat your spoon (about 15 minutes). Stir the pecans into the mixture and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes until the mixture reaches the consistency of runny oatmeal. You want it to be loose enough to pour over the brownies but not liquid.
– When the brownies have finished pre-baking remove them from the oven and pour the pecan pie filling over them spreading it out to cover the brownies completely.
– Place them back in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the filling only jiggles slightly in the middle when you move the pan.
– Let cool to room temperature before cutting.