– We’ve played around before with pineapple upside-down cake, making it a bundt, in miniature versions and even as pancakes. We’ve indulged in every version of fudge we could think of: s’mores, peanut butter, Oreo, turtle, cherry chocolate, even eggnog. But never before have we put the two together— until TODAY.
– That’s right! We’re making Pineapple Upside-Down Cake FUDGE! This incredible treat tastes exactly like the tropical cake, but with a fudgey twist that will make you so happy. Plus, it features real chunks of pineapple and maraschino cherries for a true blast of those fresh, incredible flavors. It’s a tasty combination just begging to be tried. Watch how it’s made, then read on for the recipe and give yourself some delight!
– 2 cups sugar
– ½ cup unsalted butter
– ¾ cup heavy cream
– 2 cups white chocolate chips
– 2 teaspoons pineapple juice
– 4 tablespoons yellow cake mix
– 7 ounces marshmallow creme
– 1-¼ cups dried pineapple, diced
– 13 maraschino cherries, cut in half
– Line an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Be sure to leave enough overhang so the fudge can be lifted out after it has set.
– In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, butter and heavy cream, and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, stirring constantly, until a candy or instant-read thermometer reads 234 degrees Fahrenheit (112 degrees Celsius). (At this point, the sugar mixture is at what’s known as the “soft-ball stage!”)
– Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the white chocolate chips until they are melted and the mixture is smooth.
– Add the pineapple juice, cake mix and marshmallow creme, and mix until well-blended.
– Fold in the diced dried pineapple.
– Pour the fudge mixture into the prepared baking dish.
– Place the cherry halves, cut-side down and evenly spaced, on top of the fudge. (Note that five rows of five cherry pieces will yield 25 pieces when cut.)
– Place the fudge in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours, until firm.
– Once the fudge is firm, lift parchment from the pan, and cut into pieces, being sure to get 1 cherry piece per slice.
– Serve and enjoy!