Philly Cheese Meatloaf Recipe
Wow is all I can say! I made just 3 small changes to this recipe. I added 3 cloves of garlic using press to the vegetables , used Italian seasoned panko crumbs and I added about 3 oz of grated parmesan cheese to the meat mixture. Our family has a new keeper recipe for meatloaf!
This was so good! I am on a keto diet, so I made a couple changes to lower the carbs. I used heinz reduced sugar ketchup, and instead of panko, I used 1/2 cup oats and 1/2 cup almond meal/flour. I also only used 4oz of fresh mushrooms because thats all I had. The nutritional values with my changes are: 8 servings, 400 calories, 20g fat, 7g net carbs, 45g protein per serving.
- CARAMEL CRUNCH ECLAIRS WITH BURNT CARAMEL PASTRY CREME
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Eclair Cake
- Amazing Chocolate Eclair Dessert
- Strawberry Cheesecake Eclairs
My dh and kids also loved it. Will be making another batch tomorrow. Thanks so much!
Recipe was amaizing just switched panko to ritz crackers cause that’s what I use on my reg meat loaf…. thanks!!
These were absolutely delicious! We found that two per person was really more than enough — super filling food. Only change I made and would do again, is I used grated provolone rather than slices. The grated provolone melted perfectly without spilling out the side. Terrific recipe
Really delicious – made the 8 and had filling left over so I used a 5 roll of biscuits and pressed them into a circle and filled them with the filling and topped with the cheese – pinched them together and baked until brown – also great!!!! From Gram
I made these last night for supper. They are so good. I did buy two tubes of crescent rolls but used the amounts of the other ingredients as written. I don’t know about anyone else, but if I had used one tube, I would have had tons of leftover meat mixture. The two tubes were perfect, used up all the meat mixture. My husband loved them.
I already make something similar to this and LOVE it. I roll up thin sliced roast beef and swiss in crescents and bake. Then dip them in au jus for mini French Dip sandwiches. This is a staple in my house, and quick and easy to make.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb. ground meat
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- Several dashes salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a skillet, sauté the onion and pepper in the oil until tender.
- Combine these veggies with the remaining ingredients except the cheese in a bowl.
- Place half of this mixture into a greased loaf pan and top with 3 of the slices of provolone cheese.
- Repeat so you have two meat-cheese layers.
- Bake for 45 minutes (the internal temperature of the meat should reach 165°F).
- Allow the meatloaf to sit for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Yield: 4-5 servings.