- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 red bell peppers, seeds removed, chopped, divided
- 2 green bell peppers, seeds removed, chopped, divided
- 1 1/2 yellow onions, chopped, divided
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can tomato soup
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 (1 oz.) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (20 oz.) bag frozen hash browns, thawed
- 3 cups Mexican blend grated cheese, divided
- Place a large skillet or pan over medium-high heat and cook beef until browned completely. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 red bell pepper, 1 green bell pepper and 1 yellow onion, and cook for another 6-8 minutes, or until softened.
- Pour in tomato soup, then add in cubed cream cheese and corn, and stir together to combine.
- Stir in taco seasoning and cook for another 2-3 minutes, giving flavors a chance to blend and develop.
- Transfer beef mixture to a 9×13-inch baking dish and spread into an even layer.
- Place hash browns in a separate bowl, then add remaining 1/2 onion, green bell pepper and red bell pepper, then mix in 2 cups cheese.
- Spread hash brown mixture on top of beef layer in baking dish, then spread remaining cheese over the top.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.